Sunday, 9 August 2009

Back with a tan, and half a stone slimmer


Hi All

I got back Wednesday evening but was so so sleep deprived going on the computer was the last thing on my mind. There was a train strike so I had to be up for work at 5 a.m. Thursday and Friday (and after getting up at 4 or 3.30 at the festival........).

I have finally worked out that I lost half a stone while there. My tummy is a quarter of the size it used to be. I have to be careful as in just these few days I can see it starting to resurface :-)

The theme of this year's festival was the 9th body = the subtle body, so the vibe of the festival was indeed very subtle and very gentle, so all the emotions also were very gentle.

I stayed in a small dorm, 6 girls total and they were all lovely. For the first time (this is my 4th festival) I stayed in a top bunk, so it was exercise getting in and out of that :-)

We had glorious weather. Must have been 30 degrees every day - see the photo. We only had 1 day of rain although I think there were a couple of nights when it rained.

Every morning I did the Shakti Dance workshop and every afternoon I did the all camp workshops followed by the evening Gong Workshop which is pure bliss. I think I only did the evening yoga once...

A lesson I can take from there is that while there I made a real effort with my clothes every day which made me feel really divine, radiant and feminine..... I need to do the same here, but would you believe I have not unpacked yet.................... Yesterday I slept till 2 o'clock and apart from having a manicure I vegged all day....

So I do need to get off this computer and do alot today.

But that is a point, how does your wardrobe effect your self-esteem. My wardrobe contains size 12, 14, 16 and 18, and it is cluttered, over-full and uninspiring...... yet my yoga clothes were all beautiful. I bought quite a lot of new stuff before I went (cheaply in Southall) as I knew alot of the clothes from last year would no longer fit)...

I don't often buy nice new clothes as I do not want lovely clothes in large sizes, so since January I have been telling myself "when I lose the weight, I will buy some new clothes"...... but since January I have been 13.5 stone and in recent weeks was 14 stone. THANK GOD I lost that extra half a stone in France. May it stay there. Sat nam.

So now I need to get cracking lowering the weight from what it was in Jan, when the new year's resolution was meant to have begun.

But I would like to take pride in my appearance here the way that I did at the festival.

I will head off for now. Oh and I got a lovely tan there too.

Best wishes,

Liska xxxxxxx

3 comments:

v_torcato said...

You go girl!

Emma X

Heather said...

sounds like a lot of fun! glad that you are leaving feeling good about yourself and was able to drop some weight and Im sure you are looking great!

skinny latte said...

Sounds like you had a great time!